Thank you to everyone who joined us for the 9th annual Beyond the Bars Conference, this year focusing on the incarceration and criminalization of women and girls, as well as their families and communities, inclusive of transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people. We are continually humbled by the strength and diversity of the movement to end mass incarceration and mass criminalization and are thankful to all of those who spent the weekend with us, and to the many who tuned in via livestream. Below are a number of things from the conference to check out!
SPEAKER BIOS for FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
VIDEOS from THURSDAY – SATURDAY
- A Night of Culture: Until She’s Free
- Building a Movement: Until She’s Free
- Interrupting the Web of Criminalization and Incarceration of Women, Girls and Trans People
- A Growing Movement with Possibilities and Challenges: Examining Strategies
- Sisters Across Borders: Transnational Solidarity and Global Movement Building
- Decarceration of Women and Girls: Strategies To Get Them Out
- Coming Soon!
MEET THE 2018-2019 BEYOND THE BARS FELLOWS